Supported Cortex XSOAR versions: 5.5.0 and later.
This integration provides External Dynamic List (EDL) as a service for the system indicators (Outbound feed). The feed content can then be sent to 3rd parties for improving their security alignment.
- Generate feeds to be used on PAN-OS as External Dynamic Lists.
- Create External Dynamic Lists (EDLs) of the IP addresses, URLs and domains used by ransomware, known APT groups, and active malware campaigns for tracking in AutoFocus.
- Create External Dynamic Lists to track IPs and URLs commonly used by Microsoft Office365 or CDNs and cloud services, or used as tor exit nodes.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Servers & Services.
- Search for EDL.
- Click Add instance to create and configure a new integration instance.
|Indicator Query||The query to run to update its list. To view expected results, you can run the following command from the Cortex XSOAR CLI ||False|
|EDL Size||Max amount of entries in the service instance.||True|
|Update EDL On Demand Only||When set to true, will only update the service indicators via the edl-update command.||False|
|Refresh Rate||How often to refresh the export indicators list (<number> <time unit>, e.g., 12 hours, 7 days, 3 months, 1 year)||False|
|Listen Port||By default HTTP, Will run the External Dynamic List on this port from within Cortex XSOAR||True|
|Certificate (Required for HTTPS)||Configure a certificate for the EDL instance. The certificate is provided by pasting its value into this field. Use only when accesing the EDL instance by port.||False|
|Private Key (Required for HTTPS)||Configure a private key. The private key is provided by pasting its value into this field. Use only when accesing the EDL instance by port.||False|
|Credentials||Set user and password for accessing the EDL instance. (Only applicable when https is used and a certificate profile is configured on the pan-os edl object)||False|
|Collapse IPs||Whether to collapse IPs, and if so - to ranges or CIDRs.||False|
|XSOAR Indicator Page Size||Internal page size used when querying XSOAR for the EDL. By default, this value shouldn't be changed||False|
- Click Test to validate the URLs, token, and connection.
The route will be open without security hardening and might expose you to network risks.
To access the EDL service by instance name, make sure Instance execute external is enabled.
- In Cortex XSOAR, go to Settings > About > Troubleshooting.
- In the Server Configuration section, verify that the instance.execute.external key is set to true. If this key does not exist, click + Add Server Configuration and add the instance.execute.external and set the value to true. See this documentation for further information.
- In a web browser, go to
Use the following arguments in the URL to change the request:
|n||The maximum number of entries in the output. If no value is provided, will use the value specified in the List Size parameter configured in the instance configuration.|
|s||The starting entry index from which to export the indicators.|
|q||The query used to retrieve indicators from the system.|
|tr||Whether to collapse IPs. 0 - to not collapse, 1 - collapse to ranges or 2 - collapse to CIDRs|
|sp||If set will strip ports off URLs, otherwise will ignore URLs with ports.|
|di||If set will ignore urls which are not compliant with PAN-OS URL format instead of being re-written.|
You can execute these commands from the Cortex XSOAR CLI as part of an automation, or in a playbook. After you successfully execute a command, a DBot message appears in the War Room with the command details.
Updates values stored in the EDL (only avaialable On-Demand).
|query||The query used to retrieve indicators from the system.||Required|
|edl_size||The maximum number of entries in the EDL. If no value is provided, will use the value specified in the EDL Size parameter configured in the instance configuration.||Optional|
|collapse_ips||Whether to collapse IPs, and if so - to ranges or CIDRs.||Optional|
There is no context output for this command.
!edl-update print_indicators=true query=type:IP edl_size=2